Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Midnight Chorus


There is nothing to see on this video as it was done at night and you need to turn the sound up pretty good.  And it was still 30 MB.  I need to learn a better way to record sounds.

Growing up on a farm in Saskatchewan, we did hear frogs singing in the sloughs in spring, but it was one kind of frog and one voice of singing. I find it quite interesting to listen to these guys. One a good night there are about 4 to 6 voices that can be distinguished.  They go all night and all day.  The cuckoo chimes in (so to speak) starting about 5:00 am and someday I will record him/her too.

5 comments:

  1. We had different kinds in Mississippi, but amphibians are dying out, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite kind of music. My husband swears the robins deliberately torment him when they start singing outside our bedroom shortly after 5:00 a.m. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the choir you've got, BF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowbrush, why are amphibians dying out? In Miss. or everywhere? Certainly not here, and if pollution could kill them, we ought to manage. Uranium mining town. Freudian slip - I wrote Ukrainian mining town...that too.
      CD, some mornings I love the sounds of the doves and cuckoos. Other days I wish they would shut up. The frogs I can live with.
      RB, They really do sing up a storm.

      Delete
  4. Gee and I thought the city was noisy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted