Monday, May 10, 2010

My Wife is Not Always Right

Roman and his friend Sergei were here all day mixing cement for the floor in what will be my woodworking shop some day.  Tanya went to town for a haircut this afternoon.  While she was away, Roman came to tell me that his mother was wrong about our neighbour being responsible for our water pressure problems.

I kind of figured that was the case as even when their taps were shut off our pressure was still fluctuating and besides he was on the wrong side of us.  Like blaming someone downwind for the bad smell.  I had tried to argue the point with Tanya when the whole issue first blew up.  There are two chances of having a reasonable discussion with Tanya when her mind is made up - fat and slim.

I told Roman he could talk to his mother.  I was staying out of it.  We both knew it was futile.  When she came home, Roman is trying to explain and she is having none of it.  Roman and I are doing our best not to crack up.  She caught me smothering my laughter and I said in Russian "I understand nothing".

Ogden Nash said it best:

“To keep your marriage brimming, 

With love in the loving cup,

Whenever you're wrong, admit it; 

Whenever you're right, shut up”

5 comments:

  1. Of course Tanya's not always right; she's half left, as are you and the rest of us.

    Long live Ogden Nash! (Oh, wait; he's already dead.) He had good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have totally burned her. Poor Roman having to tell her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now I'm wondering who lives up-wind from you and is stealing your water pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We may have more junk in our own lines as we get a surge of pressure when I open a tap, then it backs off slightly.

    The town pressure system is likely the big culprit. Also I didn't think the new line was big enough when they put it in. I am not sure how many houses draw from that line.

    But we have water. And we don't have to pull it from a well with a bucket and chain as many people in this country still do. So not to complain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can think of is "Don't confuse me with the facts I've made up my mind!"

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted