Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday Blog

Today was a good day. Every day above ground is a good day at my age.

My kids all emailed so I know they still love me. Tanya cooked up enough food for a large gathering and Andrei, Tanya , Masha and Tanya's mom, Natasha, came over for supper. Tanya said since it was my birthday I didn't have to wash dishes today. They are all neatly stacked by the sink for tomorrow. I get no respect.

Andrei and Tanya gae me a coffe grinder. Natasha gave me an exercise set of hand grips, chest builder, arm builder and a jump rope. Tanya said she could build muscles for me as she has a shovel and 10,000 square feet of garden that needs spading. She said I would use three of items but not the jump rope as elephants can't jump. I get no respect.

Yesterday Zhenia and his son-in-law Oleg were busy widening the gate into his drive way by about 40 cm. Tanya said when they were done they could come over and widen our garage door. I get no respect.

We have a walnut tree across the road from our house. Tanya had been wailing on it with a garden fork to shake the walnuts down. I offered to hit it with the car but she didn't see the humour in that. Since Andrei was here today she asked him to give the tree a shake. He went over and booted it and a whole bunch fell for Masha to pick up. Talk about a kick in the nuts.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have/had a happy birthday. I guess I am still in time for your birthday by my time zone. Wishing you another year of getting all due respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elephants can't jump? *snort* That was a good one!

    Happy birthday, Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you. We may have missed your time zone but it's still the 29th in Ottawa. We were thinking of making a mannequin of you wearing shorts, wools socks with cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat. We were going to sit you in the rocking chair and sing happy birthday...but we did that once-about 10-12 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that mannequin birthday. It was a good day.

    Glad you had a good birthday, old man. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I gotta say is Uncle David is a funny guy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted